Senior Engineering Manager, Geo Intelligence
DoorDash is looking for a senior engineering manager with strong product and infrastructure sense to oversee our Geo Intelligence engineering team in San Francisco. The Geo Intelligence team is responsible for several key areas powering our logistics engine: mapping and visualization, and routing and navigation. There's a wide breadth of problems to solve across mobile, web, backend, machine learning including indoor mapping, analyzing location and activity data, and products to create an efficient handoff between our dashers and end customers.
What you’ll do
- Scale the team by developing internal leaders (managers and senior IC’s) and attracting world-class talent
- Provide technical guidance and leadership for a team of 25+ engineers
- Engage with key business stakeholders to define the roadmap and vision for a variety of our products
- Strong hands-on technical leader
- Strong product intuition
- Able to lead full-stack engineering teams - backend, web, mobile, and machine learning
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- 5+ years of experience in people management, ideally leading a team size of 20+ and managing other managers
- Prior experience working on a user-facing product
- Extensive experience as an engineer in a product focused development environment
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 1,000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.