Senior Full Stack Engineer, Camera at Cisco Meraki
As a Meraki Full Stack Engineer on the camera team, you will collaborate with firmware engineers to design, plan, and build new features for our customers. With the help of product managers and UX designers, you will construct intuitive and powerful workflows to solve important problems for IT professionals around the world.
Meraki’s product Dashboard teams strive to make our products unique in balancing their feature-rich abilities and their simplicity. You’ll be developing the tools by which our customers configure and monitor security cameras all over the world. Our full stack engineers are well versed in a wide array of CS concepts and excited to jump around languages, platforms, and all levels of the Meraki stack!
Example projects of a Full Stack Software Engineer, Camera:
- Enable customers to easily and safely deploy configuration changes - even when they have hundreds or thousands of cameras across multiple geographic sites
- Collaborate with our UX team to design and implement an intuitive UI for a new camera feature, focusing on real use cases.
- Use motion and object classification data generated by the camera to help users quickly locate footage of interest
- Identify and solve performance bottlenecks a cloud video proxy system
- Create a new application to enable customers to monitor live video 24/7 on a dedicated display
- Improve and restructure the backend architecture to scale to ever larger customers.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have built rich web UIs with React (and Redux) or similar frameworks.
- Know your way around web back-end technologies, like Ruby on Rails.
- Can implement good database design in a relational database (we use Postgres).
- Would thrive on a small engineering team and are excited to solve open-ended problems across the stack.
- Are interested in career advancement. We're looking for leaders, whether that means you want to be a strong leading individual contributor or you want to grow into a tech lead role.
Bonus points for any of the following:
- Experience with customer-centric design
- An understanding of video security systems and use cases, which will help you understand the problems we work on and develop the best tools for our customers.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
At Cisco Meraki, we don’t just accept difference – it’s one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other’s opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.