Wish is bringing affordable goods to consumers in over 70 countries, and our team is focused on delivering the highest impactful projects to bring value to our customers. New ideas are constantly being tested, and projects are prioritized based on real data gathered by both our data analysts and engineers. Every engineer at Wish is encouraged to work outside their comfort zone and take data-driven risks.
The Product team offers a rare opportunity to work on key company initiatives from building consumer mobile apps/websites, customer support systems, payment systems, user acquisitions. You will enjoy working with one of the richest social e-commerce data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. Our engineers move extremely fast, while solving unusual and challenging problems. Our team is small and nimble. We release new code daily to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly, and make an impact immediately. They work on building features from the database level to the client facing apps. We cultivate an environment for smart, driven engineers to thrive.
We are looking for a passionate engineer to make an impact at Wish by engineering next generation customer support tools. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys engineering complex systems, taking ownership over projects and building features at all levels of the stack. This role demands a high level of cross functional team communications and deeper engineering knowledge. The person should be a good full stack engineer with hands on experience on both frontend and backend technologies.
Not located in the Bay Area? US and Canada remote work is acceptable!
What you'll do:
- Have a critical role in building and maintaining different internal tools systems like Customer support ticketing systems, Customer Support Chatbot, Fraud tools, Quality Assurance, Translation, Admin tools etc. to name a few.
- Manage all technical aspects of relationships with different stakeholders and take ownership of the implementations
- Help the team grow by hiring great talent in a constant basis
- Mentor juniors in the team and help them to be successful in delivering results
- Work with Product Managers, Data Analyst, Designers, QA etc. teams to take any project from inception to completion
- Own tracking and reporting data pipelines for internal tools related projects.
- Be on top of customer support metrics and continuously enhance the system in the process of improving the efficiency of Customer support agents.
Who you are:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Self motivated, relentlessly focused on impact and able to operate under great deal of independence
- Deep passion towards quality of our deliverable and help the internal team build next generation tools for customer support experience
- Proficient in at least one of the popular programming language such as Python, Java or Go
- Bonus: Experience working with Microservices
- Bonus: Experience with A/B testing
Wish, is transforming the way the world shops by offering a convenient and personalized mobile shopping experience. Our mission is to offer an unlimited selection of affordable quality goods to be accessible for everyone on a global scale. We selectively bring together world-class technical talent that are passionate about connecting relevant products to value conscious consumers all over the world!
Learn more about us:
Wish + LA Lakers
Our CEO discusses Wish
Wish Careers Instagram
Wish is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description