Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The Product team offers a rare opportunity to work on key company initiatives from building consumer mobile apps/websites, customer support systems, payment systems, user acquisitions. You will enjoy working with one of the richest social e-commerce data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. Our engineers move extremely fast, while solving unusual and challenging problems. Our team is small and nimble. We release new code daily to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly, and make an impact immediately. They work on building features from the database level to the client facing apps. We cultivate an environment for smart, driven engineers to thrive.
We are extremely passionate about building the best experience for our valued web and mobile site users, across different browsers and operating systems. We use React and Redux on the client side to craft an immersive single page app that is used by millions of people worldwide to make their shopping decisions. We're looking for an experienced and passionate Staff/Senior engineer to make an impact at Wish by building, maintaining, and enhancing our web and mobile site based products.
If you are a high performer, driven, confident, want to make an impact using technology, then Product Engineering at Wish is right for you!
We have the following exciting remote US/Canada opportunity within the Product Org.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintain and enhance wish.com web and mobile site on a continuous basis
- Improve the reach, discoverability and reputation of our website, so users can easily find our products
- Work with different Product Managers to ideate, build, get data and iterate highly efficient web features
- Collaborate with other engineers in the team as part of strengthening our systems and processes
- Build, maintain and own highly efficient software systems and be the goto person for technical questions around web development.
- Deep-dive in to problem areas in the process of building the greatest e-commerce platform
- Help the team grow by hiring great talent in a constant basis
- Mentor juniors in the team and help them to be successful in delivering results
- Self-motivated, relentlessly focused on impact, and able to operate under a great deal of independence
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience and strong passion for building global websites and applications
- Strong understanding of the engineering stack, and how each piece fits into the whole
- Proficient in React, Redux and modern web development
- Proficient in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Python, Java or Go
- Bonus: Experience working with Microservices
- Bonus: Experience working on consumer facing applications
- Bonus: Experience with A/B testing
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.