Senior Gameplay Engineer at Unity Technologies
Developing the Unity platform means designing, building, testing, and maintaining new features and products that enable artists, modellers and developers to build rich and interactive content. We are driving the future of how content is built and experienced.
We are looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to join the Mobile 2D Creator project on the Consumer team. Our goal is to help make game creation accessible to all digital creators, not just those who code. Unity sees an opportunity to provide more creative capabilities to millions of people creating content on their mobile devices.
You will work closely with product, design and other engineering groups to prototype and then release products that delight and amaze our customers. We will shift between prototyping and production code as the project requires. Our team is passionate about improving our new-to-developing experience, and we hope to find someone who is eager to embrace that mission and build awesome, data-driven products.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for delivery, technical solutions and architecture of the Mobile 2D Creators experience in coordination with other specialists on the team
- Writing high-quality code and automated tests as appropriate to maintain quality
- Advocating for good coding practices as part of a quality culture within the whole engineering team
- Collaborate with teams in different locations across Unity, and ensure technical alignment
What we’re looking for
- Experience as a gameplay, graphics or generalist programmer in video games
- Participated in the full life-cycle of one or more shipped commercial game or application using Unity
- Ability to build relationships with other teams in different offices to enable working on shared product goals
- Proven understanding and experience in software development and best practices
- Development languages: C# and/or C++
You might also have
- Experience with mobile game development in a multiplayer environment
- Experience with building content creation tools
- Experience with general game optimization
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.