Senior Graphic Developer at Unity Technologies
In this role you will use your Graphics skills to define how player data, simulations and machine learning are used in the future of game design and development. The Research Labs team composed of talented folks in search of new cutting-edge methods to author content and help storytellers. Machine-learning based approaches to content creation are poised to redefine how stories are told. By applying these groundbreaking methods to Unity workflows, you will be part of the next revolution in digital content creation.
The day-to-day work will involve interacting directly with technical leaders, researching and delivering solutions to their rendering challenges, developing customized graphics' code to ensure their projects look breathtaking in Unity. In addition, we’ll rely on your direct feedback working with our top partners to help craft the road map for future versions of the Unity Engine. If you're technically skilled, enjoy coming up with novel solutions to outstanding problems, and want to educate others about your innovations, you’ll thrive on our team!
This an opportunity to play a strategic role in establishing Unity’s position in an evolving landscape of direct-to-consumer apps and services.
What you'll be doing
- Implementing new technologies and features into the Unity engine that support AR and VR
- Create or modify features, workflows, shaders, and effects to demonstrate how to best achieve a customer's visual targets in Unity.
- Optimize systems to improve customer’s project performance.
- Create example assets and projects to illustrate solutions and best practices
- Efficiently solve problems, communicate, and educate our customers, both remotely and on-site at their offices
- Educate enterprise customers on the value proposition of Unity, the Unity AI platform, and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for success.
- Proactively train yourself to broadly understand the technical capabilities of the Unity Engine
What we're looking for
- Experience with leading a feature team of developers in a full software development cycle on a game engine or game title
- Excellent C# and C++ programming skills
- Comfortable programming in multi-threaded codebases
- Skilled with 3D mathematics and graphics algorithms
- Experience working with shader compilers and shader pipelines
You might also have
- Worked on AAA games as a graphics programmer
- Previous experience with Unity’s Scriptable Rendering Pipeline (SRP) technologies, especially the High-Definition Rendering Pipeline (HDRP)
- Experience with DirectX, OpenGL, Vulkan, Metal or similar graphics API
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.