Senior Graphics Engineer at Unity Technologies
Do you enjoy empowering creative talent with cutting-edge graphics tools, workflows, and features? Would you like to design and implement real-time rendering algorithms that can leverage the ever growing power of graphics hardware on current and future platforms? Are you excited to engage directly with development customers to gather requirements, obtain feedback, and iterate new systems to a polished sheen? Do you take pride in your ability to propose coherent solutions to complex problems involving multiple customer groups and tricky technology constraints? Would you like to work on daring visuals that inspire generations to come, sitting next to top industry talent, at a company that cares deeply about work-life balance?
Imagine a team of developers creating amazing AAA-quality content all by themselves! Imagine an artist, freed from the tedium of repetitive tasks, unconstrained by manual processes, driven only by her creativity to fulfill her vision! That is the world we at Unity want to create. And we need your help to create it. By leveraging the latest research in Deep Learning to power graphics technology for content creation, our new Machine Learning - Graphics team wants to empower developers and artists to create high-quality content with ease and intuitiveness without any repetitious drudgery.
Join some of the best minds in machine learning, graphics, and video games in advancing the future of video game development, including material generation, texture creation, environment content authoring, and other game content creation projects.
If you are a team player who wants to be at the forefront of machine learning, graphics, and the video game industry, we want to talk to you!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to: evaluate the viability of new research build prototypes while having an impact on millions of users
This role is located in Bellevue, WA. Candidates desiring remote work will not be considered at this time.
What you will be doing
- Experience in Game and/or Entertainment industry (animation, film, television, video games, etc.)
- Experience developing tools and workflows
- Experience working with multi-platform systems
- Experience in close work with content creators (artists, animators, etc)
- Experience developing rendering algorithms on modern console architectures and/or PC DX11+ or mobile platforms
- Experience in academic research or industry research — for example, publishing in top-tier conferences or journals, or industry experience as a software engineer in research.
- Mastery of the current GPU pipelines and C/C++, C#, Python
What we are looking for
- Experience in the field of video/image processing, real-time computer graphics or computer vision
- Exposure to latest Deep Learning techniques (CNN, RNN, GAN, Autoencoder, RL, etc.)
- Hands on experience with one or more Deep Learning Framework (TensorFlow, pyTorch, Keras, Caffe, CNTK, MXNet, etc)
- Strong engineering background
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.