Senior Hardware Systems Engineer at Zoox
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:28 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, May 27, 2020
As a Hardware Systems Engineer in the Platform Systems Engineering team you will lead technical efforts to architect, design prototypes and develop hardware sub-systems that will successfully integrate into Zoox L3 platforms. Candidates should have a solid hardware/electronics background and knowledge of systems architecture, capable of leading technical efforts at the system level and improving integration efforts.
This role is essential and fundamental throughout the entire development stage of the program to ensure that the system is well understood and will operate reliably with margin. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills and technical expertise in debugging difficult electrical
- Engage cross-functionally with Hardware, Software, Safety, Manufacturing, Production groups to lead systems requirements development.
- Capture systems requirements and work cross-functionally to document specifications for future development programs.
- Conduct general electrical engineering and design of electronic systems for autonomous vehicles, with cross-functional development teams.
- Design and implement circuit boards to enable prototypes, including architecture, component selection, schematic capture, board layout, board bring-up, and documentation.
- Drive system integration, assembly procedures, and test procedures.
- Trouble-shoots complex systems from a hardware and software perspective.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years experience with emphasis on systems-level experience and technical leadership
- Experience using requirements management tools such as Polarion (preferred) or Jama
- Experience using schematic capture and PCB layout tools (Altium desired) designing complex circuit boards including fabrication and board bring-up
- Experience with power electronics (high voltage and low voltage) design and optimization
- Prior digital design and integration experience
- Prior experience delivering complex designs from concept phase thru to prototype and production
- Experience with RF and EMI characterization
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
Follow us on LinkedIn
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Read Full Job Description