Senior Hardware Systems Verification Engineer at Vicarious
| East Bay
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:38 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, March 17, 2021
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
The mission of this role is to lead the verification strategy and execution for Vicarious robotic hardware systems, assemblies and subassemblies. In collaboration with HW Engineering, Quality and Product teams, this position will create and drive company processes for establishment of Hardware Requirement Specifications and Risk Analysis documents, and be responsible for development of verification protocols and execution of product verification and safety validation testing. This position will provide technical guidance to project teams in drafting verifiable specifications, manage the translation of requirements from the risk assessment into new specifications, and manage timelines for protocol development and execution across multiple projects. The successful candidate will be adept at cross functional communication and navigation of ambiguity within a startup environment, and will play a key role in shaping the future of Vicarious robotic products.
- Lead verification strategy and execution for Vicarious robotic hardware systems, assemblies and subassemblies
- Provide technical input and direction on requirement and specification drafts, risk assessments, and compliance statements
- Work closely with Hardware Engineering and Robotics teams to ensure testability
- Develop test plans including protocols, fixtures, scripting, data analysis and summary reports
- Collaborate with project management to establish system development plans and ensure adequate resource support for ongoing projects
- Management and execution of safety validation tests in accordance with ANSI/RIA R15.06-2012
- Be an active member of a startup environment, with an all-hands-on-deck attitude as we grow the Hardware Engineering, Performance Engineering, Product and Operations teams.
- A Master of Science degree in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, etc) or other technical discipline.
- Demonstrated experience with hardware system assembly, bring-up and testing
- Familiarity with robotic systems or complex capital equipment systems
- Familiarity with safety standards, preferably in industrial robotics
- Solid Systems Engineering foundation and experience with drafting requirements and verification protocols
- Ability to read and edit CAD drawings
- Understand and verify circuit schematics, PCB designs
- Previous programming experience
- Experience with FMEAs and risk assessment
- Demonstrated leadership ability, either project leadership or team leadership
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.
Read Full Job Description