Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Our mission is to show the most appropriate notification at the most appropriate time for all of our members. This includes powering the financial products marketplace and data driven personalized content. We do this by using several different recommendation strategies, historical member behavior and understanding customer financial goals. Apart from the machine learning challenges on rich data sets, we also deal with core engineering problems of delivering high throughput data pipeline to process all Credit Karma members every day, to provide a personalized experience. Credit Karma’s Data Engineering Organization is looking for a premier Engineering Manager with Recommender Systems experience.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
- You will lead an engineering team that is responsible for building, deploying and supporting key subsystems of Credit Karma’s personalization platform. In particular, optimizing our members’ cross-channel experience as the product is heavily personalized across a variety of channels, including web, native, email, and push.
- This role will require positive relationship and collaboration with data science teams that construct machine learning models for personalization and cross-channel experience.
Demonstrate skills and experience in several of the following areas:
- Experience with planning and running complex initiatives and goals. Developing teams that are Mission Critical!
- Leading teams with massive scalability requirements!
- Experience leading and balancing complex systems that are part of the Machine Learning Pipeline
- Knowledge of Personalization - Recommender Systems that personalize the system
- Managing to SLOs (Service Level Objectives)
- Leading teams that are responsible for the backend of a site that requires high availability, low latency, robustness against errors, and achieving these goals in a detailed way.
- Experience managing 7-10 employees
- 3-5 years of Management experience
- Leadership skills and has remained hands on technical.
- Experience with Recommender Systems or Adjacent Area (Ad Tech or Machine Learning highly scalable platform)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.