Senior Manager, Software Engineering (Infrastructure) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Are you passionate about scalable systems, automation frameworks, high traffic production infrastructure and security? Do you enjoy having engineering teams as your customers? Do you enjoy building teams and seeing your teammates excel in complex and varied technical and business domain areas?
On the Infrastructure and Operations team (part of Affirm’s Platform and Infrastructure Engineering team), you will find a unique opportunity to leverage your leadership skills, while continuing to be technical and responsible for the design and long term roadmap for architecting, securing, maintaining, automating and operationalizing systems that form the fundamental infrastructure building blocks for the Platform, Frameworks, Security and Product Engineering teams at Affirm.What You'll Do
- Build, grow and manage an inclusive, diverse and distributed team of talented engineers responsible for building infrastructure frameworks, systems and tools to enable new global Affirm products that scale over millions of users and their transactions and secure data.
- Provide technical leadership in defining and owning the roadmap for a team which has other Platform, frameworks, product engineering and security teams as it’s stakeholders.
- Lead by example, care for your team and establish credibility with the quality of your team's technical execution.
- Work cross functionally with multiple engineering leads, technical program managers and product managers on security, tools, architecture, planning and delivery of multiple concurrent projects.
- Provide leadership and growth opportunities to your team members, develop talent, mentor engineers, recruit and represent Affirm’s hiring brand.
- 8+ years of experience, including at least 3 years of experience on Managerial roles (such as Engineering Manager)
- Experience with AWS (experience with Azure/GCP and/or other cloud providers is nice-to-have)
- Experience with using CI/CD and Infrastructure as Code
- Experience in working with Python or other JVM-Based languages
- Experience in using OpenSource software to build technology solutions.
- Familiarity with Linux is a plus.
- Solid leadership and communication skills and driving inclusive discussions.
- Good experience in attracting, growing and retaining top engineering talent.
- Stakeholder management skills with helping teams solve technical challenges
- Experience working with one or more engineering teams as a customer is a plus
- Hands-on experience building platforms at scale for containerized workloads, particularly leveraging Kubernetes
- Expertise with infrastructure scaling, operations, system internals, security, network, concurrency frameworks and container orchestration systems is a plus.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 29,058 - 34,867 PLN
- New hires who commence employment with Affirm before June 30, 2022, and are employed for one year, are eligible to receive 200,000 PLN as a sign-on bonus.
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.