Senior Manager, Software Engineering (Personalization) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Personalization Engineering focuses on ranking and serving relevant, timely, and actionable content to power engaging user experiences throughout the shopping journey that connect new and returning customers to merchants where Affirm financial products open a new world of possibility.
We are looking for a highly motivated manager to help expand our products to acquire and monetize consumers while delighting them. Come join us!What You’ll Do
- Manage a team focused on a particular area, providing technical leadership for the team, while having a detailed understanding of our business, company goals, roadmap and resource plans.
- Drive planning and prioritization of projects based on product, technical, and business goals by demonstrating relevant resources and data.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, product managers, designers and analysts to deliver high quality consumer experience.
- Coach and mentor employees to increase their impact through regular performance development and feedback conversations.
- Foster a respectful and supportive environment for all team members that effectively maximizes the diversity of the team.
- 4-6+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and 2+ years as an engineering manager.
- Has a good understanding of Mobile app development life cycle.
- Has a track record of executing and delivering cross-functional projects smoothly.
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Experienced at synthesizing complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software.
- Humble and authentic leadership which places the needs of others first and helps people develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Experience scaling systems in a service oriented architecture preferred but not required.
- Humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.