Senior Manager, Software Engineering at Unity
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to take a Technical Leadership role within a newly formed Rapid Prototyping Team. You will bring your wealth of experience and expertise as a Technical Leader to foster the maturity and adaptability of our software, evolve our technology vision for the future, and guide the growth path of the team. Working closely with the business leaders, you will envision and innovate to provide reference architectures, implementations, and documentation that can be used to springboard real-life products and services for the entire Unity ecosystem.
You're driven to get things done and to do them right. You aren't afraid to seek out and tackle hard problems. You thrive in the process of rapidly translating ideas into working prototypes.
You want to work with people who encourage collaboration and cultivate new and innovative ideas. You're motivated to be a major contributor to the growth and evolution of a product and team - and we believe that will foster compelling challenges and autonomy!
What you’ll be doing
- Taking business ideas and rapidly delivering working baseline technical implementations to drive productization
- Take a leading role in all aspects of the software development for the group
- Propose, champion, and implement technical solutions, architecture, and methodologies
- Collaborate with leadership to envision and deliver working prototypes
- Foster technical growth of our technology and people
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrated track record of delivering technical solutions to production
- Deep understanding and experience in software development, distributed architectures, and standard methodologies (continuous integration, source control management, code reviews)
- Ability to produce concise and accurate technical documentation
- Ability and eagerness to share and apply your knowledge
- Proven experience shipping products and technologies in the crypto and NFT industries.
You might also have
- Java and/or Golang development experience
- Understanding of messaging systems and databases
- Experience leading a group of highly motivated engineers
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.