Senior Manager, Support Engineering at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
As a Senior Manager of Support Engineering, you will combine your People Come First management experience, your technical aptitude, and outstanding communication skills to support Affirm’s external merchant and platform partner developers with scaled solutions. You will grow and refine our Technical Writing and Developer Advocacy teams, to ensure that our clients can understand and integrate our products simply and effectively.
You will also be a primary owner of Affirm’s company-wide Incident Response program, specifically with regards to technical communications. In this capacity, you will work closely with Affirm’s Risk, SRE, Commercial, and Product teams to ensure that our incident management processes consistently yield transparent, accurate, and empathetic communications for our partners.What you'll do
- Lead, mentor and grow a team of passionate Engineers and Technical Writers
- Collaborate with Affirm’s Engineering, Product, and Commercial teams to develop best-in-class customer experiences
- Foster a respectful and supportive environment for all team members that effectively leverages the diversity of the team
- Own and manage one of the most visible and business-critical Incident Response programs within Affirm
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better
- BA/BS degree in business/technology
- 4-6+ years working as a support engineer, developer evangelist, or solutions engineer, and 2+ years managing teams
- World-class communicator with excellent instincts for empathetic messaging
- Keen technical mind comfortable writing scripts in at least one programming language
- Proven track record of managing multiple teams simultaneously, and effectively crafting custom performance management standards for each discrete function
Location - Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position in Colorado is listed above.
Read more about what that means for this position; find the Colorado base pay range for the position and benefits here.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.