Senior Networking Engineer at Unity Technologies
Unity’s XR Tools Group makes tools for augmented and virtual reality developers. You’ll be responsible for networking features across products, including our Mixed and Augmented Reality Studio (MARS) companion apps. MARS is a new tool that allows developers to create, visualize, and test against simulated real-world data directly in the editor.
Your job entails working with the companion app team to build multi-user functionality into the authoring experience for mobile & HMD. Additionally, you will be involved in making design and implementation decisions in the larger XR suite to enable users to build multi-user XR applications.
Networking is a key piece of the mixed reality future: multi-user and multi-platform shared spaces and interactions, persistent virtual objects, and streaming content will all be first-class citizens of XR workflow and functionality.
The XR Tools Group is a diverse team of passionate XR developers and thinkers. We care deeply about helping developers be able to make apps that can truly run in the real world. In joining the team, you’ll be helping to move the entire industry forward towards real ubiquitous spatial computing.
This role may involve some amount of travel to other offices, though we are happy to work with your schedule and responsibilities.
- Work under the MARS companion app lead to design and implement multi-user functionality in the MARS companion apps
- Work with the MARS team as a whole to ensure that MARS features and concepts support multi-user applications
- Work or embed in other teams across the company who are working on new networking technology for use in MARS
- Unity experience required, either as a user or an extensions developer
- Experience with networking techniques and technologies in and out of the Unity ecosystem
- Demonstrated interest in XR, either through professional experience or personal projects
- Familiarity or professional experience in C#
- Experience with Unity DOTS packages and networking is a plus
- A true passion for, and enjoyment of, spatial computing. The entire team is united in our shared interest for the future of human-computer interaction and how XR can help
- Related mixed reality development, personal or professional, is a significant bonus
- Speaking experience is useful as we often give talks across Labs, both internally and externally
- Experience with demos and prototyping is a plus
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.