Rally Health™ is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
About the Team:
The Personalization Engineering team at Rally is tasked with making a set of systems to personalize the user experience based on health, clinical, medication, condition and behavioral data. This includes building systems for profile based on facts and inferred information, user graph, relevance, recommendations, predictions and feedback loop. This requires collection of data, cleaning and categorizing the data, building insights with analytics, rules, predictions and machine learning. This is an excellent opportunity to make people’s health data work for them in a significant way for them to live healthier life and cost savings through prudent choices. The code we work on impacts millions of lives.
Your day to day:
- We are looking for motivated, self driven engineers who own what they build.
- You will work closely with Product and Project Managers to understand the features, do technical assessment, design, cost, code, test and deliver.
- You should be set working in a team setting to deliver features motivated by the mission. You should already know or be interested in learning our technical stack that includes Scala, React, Jenkins, Containers (using mesos and kubernetes).
- This position requires a deep interest in software engineering and strong knowledge of computing concepts such as fault tolerance, self-healing, internet protocols, multi-threaded programming, machine learning, performance, reliability, scalability, and security.
Your core responsibilities:
- Build responsive UIs using React, Redux, and HTML 5.
- Ability to effectively use frontend ecosystem technologies such as web pack and Jest
- Use tools such as NewRelic to monitor application availability and performance
- You will be focused on UI engineering for 70% of your time. You will write front end code in a multi-app, multi-session environment using Angular and/or React web.
- You will write high quality, unit and integration tested back end code using Scala.
- You will own quality by using automated test frameworks like robot and RestAssured.
- Work closely with Product and Project Managers to understand the features, complete the technical assessment, design, cost, code, test and deliver.
- Develop responsive apps that look and work phenomenal across multiple devices.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer/developer
- 2+ years experience working with Angular or React
- Experience with Scala/Java/building API endpoints OR a desire to learn Scala
- 3+ years experience with distributed systems and application design in a SOA environment
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or academic equivalent
- Experience with recommendations, predications, personalization and machine learning will be an excellent plus
- Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques
- Previous experience in the Healthcare space
- Familiarity with NoSQL and RDBMS
- Experience with AWS (configuring, deploying, managing, monitoring) services and distributed applications
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valued. A diverse workforce will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.