Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
As a member of the robotics division at Vicarious, you will be involved in designing and implementing the future of robotics alongside other world-class software engineers and researchers.
- Designing the core systems and algorithms that comprise our robotic manipulation software platform.
- Building robust, production-ready code for near-term deployment.
- Forward-looking R&D to make our system increasingly performant, robust, and general.
- Ensuring our system is well architected, flexible, and robust.
We offer the opportunity to take ownership of cutting edge problems and to work with the latest tools and technologies. We encourage a culture of learning and innovation. There are journal clubs on various topics (Machine Learning, Robotics, Software Engineering) and a budget for professional development. The hours are flexible, and we have a generous work-from-home policy.
- B.Sc in computer science or related field and 3+ years experience developing production software.
- Software engineering/design, and ability to build clean abstractions.
- Computer science fundamentals, such as data structures and concurrency.
- Software development processes (testing, CI, code reviews, design documentation).
- Rigorously analyzing and testing complex systems.
- C++ and/or Python programming and optimization.
- Working with embedded systems and real-time programming.
- Using standard robotics/vision libraries such as ROS, OpenCV, PCL, and Gazebo.
- Game engines, 3D geometry manipulations (3D vector math, SO3/SE3 transformations, linear algebra), physics simulation, and graphics.
- Working with/setting up infrastructure such as build systems, CI, and containerization.
- Modern cloud technologies as well as hybrid cloud/edge-based computation.
- Machine learning libraries and GPU development (tensorflow, CUDA, etc).
Candidates should have a deep knowledge/experience with:
Ideal candidates will also have experience with multiple of:
Desired personal qualities
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Patience with others
- Described by others as the best engineer / researcher they know
- Tenaciousness and ability to get things done
- Sense of humor
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.
Read Full Job Description