Senior Robotics Software Engineer
DoorDash Labs is an independent team within DoorDash. We explore robotics and automation to transform last mile logistics in the long term. If you have a passion for applying robotics solutions in a service used by millions of people, we want to talk to you!
We’re hiring generalist software engineers to write and deploy robotic and vehicle autonomy software. In this generalist role, you'll work on a variety of problems across the autonomy space.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with teams to define software requirements with an eye for safety
- Develop efficient, scalable and maintainable C++ code
- Combine custom code and off-the-shelf components to prototype quickly
- Integrate with hardware to get autonomy and control stack running on vehicles
- Prototype various systems including mapping, localization, perception, and motion planning
- Set up monitoring and logging of vehicle data
- Strong CS fundamentals (via academic or industry experience)
- 3+ years experience developing software in small teams, shipping in collaboration with a hardware team
- 2+ years experience developing vehicle/robotics software
Nice To Haves
- Familiarity with various sensing technologies and tradeoffs (LiDAR, vision, etc)
- Experience with mapping, localization, perception, planning or control algorithms for vehicle autonomy
- Industrial automation experience shipping safety-critical software
- Experience leading engineering projects
- Familiarity with ROS
- Rapid prototyping experience (e.g. with Arduino, MQTT)
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.