Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What You'll Do
- Mature our SIEM tool and provide our SOC team actionable events.
- Build data models, parsers, log collectors and dashboards, while onboarding critical log data.
- Develop content, tune alerting and create correlation rules.
- Find opportunities for implementing additional technology controls to create more visibility or defend key points of attack.
- Partner with incident responders to improve data quality and reduce false positives.
- Build and monitor integrations between security solutions and ensure the completeness and accuracy of ingested data.
- Develop and report SIEM performance metrics to leadership.
- Experiment with Machine Learning and Anomaly Detection techniques
What We're Looking For
- Solid grasp of system, network and security fundamentals.
- Hands on experience with Enterprise SIEM products in a dynamic environment.
- Experience leading the infrastructure and application stack for Splunk Enterprise Security.
- Experience creating detection content and writing correlation rules.
- Strong scripting or programming skills to automate repetitive tasks.
- Knowledge and ability to leverage CI/CD pipelines in a DevOps environment.
- Experience with container workloads and orchestration technologies.
- Experience working in (or closely with) a Security Operations Center.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.