Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Reddit
“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 500 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet.
As a Site Reliability Engineer on Reddit’s core SRE team, you’ll use your knowledge to improve the consistency, reliability, and performance of Reddit’s foundational systems. You’ll also use your development experience to contribute to the internal infrastructure that all of Reddit Engineering uses to develop, deploy, and operate their services.
Join us and help build the future of Reddit!Responsibilities
- Advise: Work closely with engineering teams in designing and developing systems that are resilient and highly performant at tremendous scale.
- Amplify: Identify and build capabilities into our foundational Infrastructure and Platform services, which are used by Reddit engineering teams to build, deploy, and operate.
- Automate: Take repetitive, manual, or risky tasks and automate them out of existence. Build tools and integrate systems to support Reddit’s evolution.
- Diagnose: Draw on your knowledge of distributed systems to identify and fix network, system, and service-level issues. Practice sustainable incident response, and drive structural improvement with blameless postmortems.
- Optimize: Observe and improve performance, reduce cost, and improve the experience for millions of users
- 3+ years of experience in Software Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, or a Development focused DevOps role.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Go, Python, C, C++, Java, Perl, Rust
- Experience with Kubernetes and Cloud systems
- Experience with the development and operation of high-traffic backend systems
- A demonstrated ability to debug, fix, and optimize code
- Troubleshooting skills that span applications, networking (TCP/IP), and systems
- Strong working knowledge of Linux
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
While not required, familiarity with any of these is a big plus!
- Experience working in an environment that applies Infrastructure-as-code principles
- Exposure to a Configuration Management System (Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc)
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code processes (via Terraform, CloudFormation, etc)
- Docker or Kubernetes in a production setting
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform