Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Unity Technologies
The world’s leading game engine is looking for brilliant engineers for our Site Reliability Engineering organization. Unity customers don’t like service disruptions, and neither do we. Our mission is to manage production incidents... with technology. We build automation to measure, detect, and prevent production issues. When needed, we use experience and communication to work with other teams to resolve issues manually, and then make sure it doesn’t happen again!
There are SRE teams in three regions to offer 24x7 support - EMEA, Asia and Americas. We cover 8 hour shifts across 5 days a week, which includes coverage over the weekend and holidays.
- Incident management and RCA reviews
- Develop SRE related automation and tooling
- Work with development teams to enable them to achieve high level of service resiliency
- Participate in defining Site Reliability policy, process, technology and best practices
- Advocate for infrastructure improvements and best practices across Unity Engineering
- Develop services for automatically detecting and eliminating service disruption
- Deep knowledge of infrastructure core components: storage, system and/or networking
- Proficiency with modern languages like Golang and Python
- Knowledge of infrastructure-as-code tools (eg: Terraform)
- Experience with cloud environments, GCP ideally
- Experience with container technology, specifically Docker and Kubernetes
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.