Senior Software Developer, Quality at Unity Technologies
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re democratizing development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community. Join a new multidisciplinary team at Unity developing innovative solutions to solve industries’ toughest problems.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Developer focused on all aspects of quality engineering to join Create Studio, our newest industrial products team. You will work across multiple projects, applying your many years of experience towards architecting and implementing test automation systems, improving the quality of our products and development practices. Your work will directly impact the products we develop and the teams building them: as Senior Software Developer for Quality, you will be the day-to-day technical pillar for a maturing quality engineering team, tackling challenging problems, and leading by example.
You and your desire to make the world a better place will be at the forefront of the real-time revolution, as we create exciting technological advancements in entertainment, film, retail, sales, and other industries – all made possible by the Unity Engine, the most widely used 3D development platform in the world.
- Technical leadership of a quality team to design, build, deploy and maintain an easy to use, high quality testing apparatus, including both unit and automated integration tests, all powered by a CI/CD system, to enable the rapid development of high quality applications.
- Improve the quality of our products by executing improvements to the team’s development environment, workflow, pipelines, and overall quality culture.
- Breakdown problems using deliberate planning, task estimation and effective time management. Review plans, estimates, and code of other developers.
- Work closely with quality developers, quality analysts and the devops team to analyze code and bugs to determine their source and create improvements and tests to ensure the bug does not reoccur.
- Build automation frameworks to drive the validation of Unity-based applications, across desktop, mobile and web, and Cloud-based services.
- Research and leverage existing quality tooling provided throughUnity frameworks, extending with custom solutions where needed to meet project specific testing requirements.
- Professional experience building automated or unit tests including knowledge of one or more automated testing systems, off-the-shelf or custom.
- Comfortable building tools using a variety of programming languages, passion for driving quality via both deliverable solutions, as well as championing of high standards in code design and implementation.
- Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems while adhering to mature software development practices such as code reviews, readable code and reusable code.
- Ability to work with Unity based applications and web based technologies such as React and RESTful APIs.
- Strong communication skills, both in person and via digital means with the ability to work in a team environment, guiding and mentoring a team of quality developers.
- Experience working with or developing testing or CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins.
- Experience developing automated testing for Unity based applications.
- Development experience with C# or Unity.
- Experience in a quality engineering or quality analyst role.
- Experience developing automated testing using a device farm or device cloud.
- Interest in machine learning, with applications to risk based testing
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.