Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, Spotlight at Unity
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test on the Spotlight team you will work closely with top game developers to really push the boundaries of what is possible in Unity. You will partner with Unity Spotlight programmers and partners to ensure all features reach the desired level of functionality, stability, and usability. This is a phenomenal opportunity to contribute to big AAA projects without being tied to the 2-3 year development cycles that typically involves.
Automated testing is crucial at Unity so you should bring a passion for writing tests and test frameworks. You should be comfortable implementing tests in both C++ and C#.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work with customers to reproduce their bug reports in-house
- Provide feedback about the state of features in Unity in order to support development and inform development decisions
- Provide feedback on the usability of new features
- Work closely with developers to provide early feedback to new features and functionality
- Develop and maintain the test approach for your designated areas of the product
- Collaborate with other testers and developers in an agile environment
What We’re Looking For
- Strong testing experience and a proven understanding of test automation
- Experience in testing desktop applications
- Proven record of shipping large, sophisticated software projects
- Strong experience with C++ language, familiar with C#
- Prior experience in game development ideally in Unity
You Might Also Have
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong motivation, high level of commitment, proactive and positive demeanor
- Excellent debugging, problem solving skills and detail-oriented approach
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.