Are you a skilled developer, passionate about helping game developers iterate faster and build better experiences? We want you to join the [email protected] organization as a Senior Software Engineer to support the Game Simulation product.
At its core, Unity Game Simulation allows developers to continuously evaluate and test their games at scale by leveraging millions of cloud simulations of their game. Games are the most complex pieces of software, and we want to automate the boring parts of game development, whether it's tracking down bugs, or balancing the difficulty progression and in-game economy; so developers can get back to doing what they love: making the game.
Game Simulation is currently in beta, where our early experiments are showing incredible results. In fact, Furyion Games has saved over $80,000 and 600 hours balancing their game using Game Simulation as seen in their case study.
As a member of the team, you would be integral to the day to day development of the Game Simulation package and service, and help drive the future of the product. Whether that's virtual players which use ML-Agents to play the simulations as real players, helping developers get richer data from their simulations, or using machine learning to optimize the game for them. You'll be working directly with customers to ship experimental features, with the goal of productizing them for the masses. We have the opportunity to truly change how developers create games in the future by using cloud simulations, data, and machine learning.
What you'll be doing
- Design, build and maintain Unity Editor and runtime packages by developers and designers during the development process for multiple types of games
- Contribute to the design and architecture of Unity packages across the organization
- Building robust microservices that can scale to millions of games and billions of tests
- Defining API specifications for your services and how to integrate with other Unity services and systems
- Write clean, maintainable production based code and review application and test code
- Document and test your code and related systems used by game developers daily
What we're looking for
- BS/MS Computer Science or equivalent experience with knowledge of mathematics, data structures, and algorithms
- Must have expertise in extending Unity Editor and C#
- Programming experience in one of the following languages: Python, C#, Java, Scala, or C++
- Experience building production-grade microservices
- Expertise in working with large codebases and interfacing with complex systems
- Experience in API design and integrating the backend API’s
- Experience working with public cloud providers like AWS, Azure, or GCP
You might also have
- Proficiency using Unity's Data-Oriented Technology Stack (DOTS)
- Experience building and shipping a game using Unity
- A passion for crafting usable, polished and enjoyable user experiences
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to build, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.