Senior Software Engineer, Android (Health Solutions) at Rally Health
Rally Health™ is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that’s okay. We’re not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We’re building something that supports people over their lifetime. Every day, we get to work with amazing people on something that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.
At Rally Health, we believe that two heads truly are better than one. Rallyers understand the importance of communication and collaboration, ensuring that we work we produce is the best that it can be. Every opinion is valid and valued, and we share ideas that elevate the way we work. We know that the big picture and the small details are tied together, and we keep both in mind. Everything we do is executed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch. Here at Rally, we take advantage of the opportunity to build strong relationships with each other, because it makes us better.
About the Team: What is Health Solutions?
Health solutions help people get healthy, stay healthy, and manage their conditions with a personalized experience that identifies the best program or plan for their needs. Our digital focus is fundamentally changing the health relationship with the consumer. We are addressing three major areas:
- Wellness and Wellbeing - Understand a consumer and their health risk factors to recommend personalized activities which improves their health through exercise, diet, and other lifestyle changes.
- Digital Coaching - Self-paced behavior change combining online learning, activities, and access to coaches via digital communications.
- Digital Therapeutics - Clinically validated digital first programs targeting at-risk populations.
Health solutions are available on web and mobile. Over 50 million consumers have access to our solutions. Our engineers are passionate about building an end-to-end experience that is seamless, performant, and scales to millions of users. If you share a similar passion for technology and are looking to solve hard practical problems, come join us!
At Rally Health we are viewed as an engineering driven company, where our technology is modern and agile. We host our microservices based distributed systems in the public cloud (AWS). Automated processes drive and maintain our quality at the highest level. Some key technologies used are: Scala, Play, Akka, Kafka, Spark, HDFS, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Docker, Mesos, Marathon and Jenkins.
Your day to day:
- Senior Member of an Android development team
- Mentor engineers on the team through technical, design and code reviews
- Responsibility to deliver a high performing and high quality Android experience that delights millions of users
- Work with partner teams and collaborate and handle dependencies
- Continuously improve and simplify user experience
- Lead by example a team built on a foundation of teamwork and respect
- Android development with deep knowledge of the platform
- Programming languages - Kotlin, Java
- Server integration (REST endpoints)
- Prior experience of leading a team of Android engineers
- Released multiple apps on the Google Play Store from inception to launch
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or the equivalent experience
- Software Engineer, Mobile: 3+ years prior work experience
- Senior Software Engineer, Mobile : 5+ years prior work experience
- Principal Software Engineer, Mobile: 8+ years prior work experience
Why join Rally?
On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valued. A diverse workforce will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.