Senior Software Engineer, Backend Services at RingCentral
Want to change the way work…works? This is your moment.
RingCentral Glip integrates messaging with video to make conversation, collaboration and connection more meaningful than ever, no matter where or how people want to work.
The Innovation team is the engine that makes RingCentral go. From Engineering to UX/UI to CloudOps, this is the place where the biggest ideas in cloud communications are imagined, developed, and delivered. If there’s a better way to bring people together, RingCentral Innovation is finding it, iterating on it, and sharing it with the world.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
The person in this highly strategic role will spearhead critical engineering initiatives focused on increasing RingCentral’s leadership footprint in the UCaaS domain. S/he should have a demonstrable track record of working in fast-paced engineering teams that have delivered services at scale.
- Build a scalable backend services architecture for the webinar product.
- Work closely with technical leadership working on services in Belmont and SPB.
- Implement scalable distributed backend software that serves core business logic, authentication, and database design for webinars.
- Design and implement secure APIs to enable other products to integrate these developed technologies in the team
- Champion the continuous investigation of new technologies, and participate in a culture of innovation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience in developing highly scalable, low latency, fault tolerant distributed systems.
- Expertise in at least one public cloud architecture such as AWS.
- Implementation experience with Websockets, Pub-Sub, Rest APIs, Portals, Presence & Notifications, Service Discovery, and Containerization is needed.
- Technical expertise in one of the Java, Scala or Node.JS is required.
- Exposure to Spring framework, Elastic Bean Stalk (EBS), API Gateways, Kinesis, Lambdas, Amazon SNS/SQS, and PubNub.
- Well-versed in relational and NoSQL databases, data lakes and ETL workflows, and real-time dashboards with Kibana/Grafana.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Gitlab, Jenkins, or Travis; Service deployment and orchestration tools such as Elastic Beanstalk or ECS.
- Solid understanding of web application security using SSL certs, OAuth/JWT based authentication.
- Driven with the ability to excel in a team-oriented, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
- Passion for creating best in class products
Benefits and Amenities:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life and pet insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Wellness programs including virtual yoga, bootcamp, and meditation classes
- Paid parental leave
- Milkstork parental account
- New parent gift box
Say hello to the future of work. And the end of the resume black hole.
We didn’t create Glip specifically for hiring, but we might as well have. No more wondering if your resume was jettisoned into the vast emptiness of space. Sign up for Glip (it’s free, no downloads,) and discover how smooth, informative and great the hiring process can be. So start meeting on www.Glip.com — and we look forward to connecting soon.
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.