Senior Software Engineer, Core Infrastructure Storage at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The core infrastructure storage team is responsible for designing, building, and maintaining platforms and storage solutions leveraged by the entire engineering organization. As a member of the team, you will have an opportunity to shape Wish’s infrastructure from the ground up as we move from an outdated monolithic architecture to a modern service oriented architecture. You will be joining a small team of smart, driven, and collaborative engineers as we work to create a reliable, scalable, and performant infrastructure. If you are someone who takes ownership and can achieve high-level goals without clearly defined solutions, then we have a place for you here.
Core infrastructure team at Wish prioritizes OSS usage and development, see some of what we’ve published here: https://github.com/wish
We occasionally blog about our open source, see a recent post here: https://medium.com/wish-engineering/katalog-sync-reliable-integration-of-consul-and-kubernetes-ebe8aae0852a
What you'll be doing:
- Design and implement storage solutions and tools to manage and scale a service oriented architecture.
- Operate and maintain the database infrastructure for one of the largest deployments of MongoDB in the world.
- Own and improve the scalability and reliability of our storage offerings.
- Systematically debug issues across the storage stack down to the root cause.
- Evangelize best practices to the wider engineering organization.
- Participate in on-call rotation to ensure that Wish’s infrastructure is highly available.
- Bachelors, Master or Ph.D. in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years experience building and managing storage systems as a service at scale.
- Deep understanding of RDBMS, ORDBMS, and NOSQL database such as MySQL, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL.
- Familiar with modern distributed data storage/processing systems. Deep expertise with distributed systems and linux system internals. Mastery of one or more programming languages. Python or Go preferred.
- Experience with large-scale multi datacenter environments.
- Experience with AWS, MongoDB, Vitess, Cassandra, Elastic search, Redis, Salt, and Docker/Kubernetes.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.