Senior Software Engineer, Design Automation at Aurora Solar
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:02 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, April 15, 2021
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series B company focused on building a clean energy future for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. We want every solar installation in the world to pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2021” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. We are experiencing hockey stick growth and are looking for A-players to come join and accelerate the fun.
As a senior software engineer on the computation team at Aurora, you will help us architect and develop a new generation of optimization engines for our solar design platform so we can generate and analyze bigger systems with greater speed and accuracy.
We are a diverse team that’s passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Program in Python and C++
- Improve our data models and design data flows to better support our analysis and optimization engines as well as our interactive tools
- Integrate data flows into our Aurora Platform and build the interfaces of our web applications and databases
- Deploy and monitor stateful services using these data flows and models
- Write automated tests and debug customer problems
What we value:
- Academic background some of the following: databases, data models, networking, linear algebra, computational geometry, numerical algorithms, data structures and algorithms
- Hands-on experience with microservices, websocket programming, message queue software, gRPC, thrift, protobuf, or graphQL
- Contributions to large software projects as a member of a broader team
- Familiarity with Git or other version control systems, build and test tools
- Passion for renewable energy and sustainability
- Ability to perform and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Thank you for your interest in Aurora Solar. Currently, our interview process is taking longer than usual as we navigate the new normal of COVID-19. We appreciate your patience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
Read Full Job Description