Senior Software Engineer, Engine Spotlight at Unity Technologies
As a Senior Engine Programmer on the Spotlight Team, you will work closely with top game developers to really push the boundaries of what is possible in Unity. You will implement new Unity features, or optimize current features in conjunction with our partners. You will work with many different teams so you should enjoy meeting new people, and be prepared to travel. This is a great opportunity to contribute to high-quality projects without being tied to the 2-3 year development cycles that typically involves.
You are an experienced engine programmer that also has an interest in working on content and has an eye for quality. You strive to extract every last piece of performance from our target platforms and aren’t happy unless content creators have intuitive and efficient tools and workflows.Responsibilities
- Work with external team to create high-end showcases for Unity
- Develop features, workflows or tools as needed in collaboration with our partner teams
- Optimize systems and tools to work smoothly with massive data sets
- AAA game development experience with several titles shipped on PC or Console
- Excellent and current programming skills. C/C++, C#
- Performance-minded development and optimization skills
- Strong multithreaded programming skills
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or other 3D game engines
- Ability to travel to visit partners or other Unity offices
- Experience with building and optimizing animation systems
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations. The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.