Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is looking for a qualified Senior Software Engineer to develop, design, build, our financial systems. The company is rapidly expanding and our finance team needs are growing in terms of establishing SOX controls procedures and automations. Our team is young and growing, and ideally you will have prior experience being a key player in a similar domain.
The Financial System team works closely with the Finance organization to build applications and solutions to enable critical accounting and finance processes at Wish. We leverage industry best practice in Financial and Accounting systems, applying them into complex global business operations. Our focus is to maintain and innovate on the systems that drive the functional areas of Accounting Revenue Computation, Procurement,
Payments, Supply Chain, Treasury, Tax and Compliance Services for Wish. The team uses a healthy mix of vendor and open source tools to deliver cutting-edge solutions for optimizing the workflows and automating the processes.
Our technology enables automation of monthly closing of books, quarterly wall street reporting, accurate direct and in-direct tax calculations, and any services to help with audit and regulatory compliance worldwide. This requires building and operating large scale services, simple web and mobile user experiences, automation of financial business processes, ensuring accuracy, audit controls, and completeness of data for financial and operational reporting and analysis. The technical challenges come with the volumes we deal with and the real-time solutions we provide.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide technical leadership and vision in designing, implementing, testing and rolling out the next generations of our FinEng systems.
- Develop solutions leveraging Wish’s tech stack, automation, and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability of services.
- In addition to building products, support buying and implementing 3rd party software (both cloud and on-premise solutions such as Coupa, Netsuite, Kyriba, etc) in order to meet our business needs.
- Influence, collaborate, and communicate effectively with partners across the Finance organization to drive large opportunities and initiatives.
- Raise the bar on sustainable engineering by improving best practices, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing, and monitoring.
- Identify business challenges and develop actionable solutions with a focus on security and business continuity.
- B.S./M.S. in Computer science or relevant field and at least 6+ years of individual contributor experience as a software engineer.
- 5+ years of experience in designing and fault-tolerant developing distributed systems, distributed storage.
- Experience as a Software Engineer supporting medium to large scale enterprise companies.
- Strong oracle SQL / Oracle PL/SQL, and/or Python programming experience.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PL/SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB).
- Adaptability to new technologies, best practices, fast learner, work independently in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience with web application development frameworks such as NodeJS, React, Redux or similar.
- Good understanding of enterprise applications integration, web services protocols such as REST, SOAP, and API design for extensibility and portability.
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows).
- Experience in domains such as Finance, Revenue, Treasury Payments, Accounting, Procurement preferred.
- Familiarity with Tableau, Alteryx or web applications like Oracle Apex is a plus.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.