Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack (Partner Platforms) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As a Software Engineer at Affirm, you will help develop plugins for our partner platforms. Partner plugins can bring tremendous value to Affirm merchants and enable entirely new markets for the company. You will be on the Partner Solutions engineering team and directly work with our partners to develop these plugins/integrations to make it easier for Affirm merchants to integrate. You will work multi-functionally with product and engineering teams to drive new features and solutions to craft Affirm’s partner landscape. .
What you'll do
- Develop new Affirm payment modules, sample code, SDKs, and production code for partners and merchants
- Plan, design, communicate and implement software systems with an eye towards robust, extensible architecture
- Maintain and extend existing Affirm payment extensions, and plugins
- Help define requirements for 3rd party developer APIs and tools. Analyze/debug merchant and partner integration issues
- Build and maintain test environments for Affirm engineering and our partners
What we look for
- 4+ years of object-oriented programming, MVC applications, and web development experience
- Strong background in developing and working with REST APIs
- Experience working with eCommerce platforms like Shopify, or Point of Sale (POS) Solutions and Order Management Systems
- A team-player who participates in the development of peers on the team and has experience mentoring, leading junior people
- A high level of compassion for the merchants, partners and other developers
- Passion to stay on top of Commerce trends and technologies
Nice to have
- Proven CS fundamentals and proficiency in a dynamically typed language. We primarily use Python
- Knowledge of caching and scaling techniques
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! The majority of our roles can be accomplished anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). While most Affirmers will have the option to choose a remote-first accommodation, our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis. This role requires you to live within reasonable access to a particular office in order to fulfill certain job responsibilities.