- Build new features across our iOS, Android, Web apps and our marketing site. You will work on every platform and own the full funnel. It's ok if you don't know all of this right away!
- Work on meaningful projects that allow for new and existing users to have more delightful conversations
- Architect elegant and maintainable code with a focus on autonomy and support from the team
- Work with design, data, and marketing teams to build meaningful additions to the app that help users be more successful
- Use experiments and user research to iterate and learn
- Fearlessly dive into the unknown alongside intelligent engineers challenging themselves and people around you
- We're a multi-platform team, so it's important to have a solid understanding of the development frameworks and fundamentals of one or more of our platforms: web (React, TypeScript, Python API), Android (Kotlin, RxJava), or iOS (React Native, Objective-C, Swift). We don't expect everyone to be an expert in all of these, and everyone has their specialties, but the more platforms you're comfortable with (or want to learn!), the faster we can move.
- Experience building and shipping product features. We do far more than build landing pages
- An eye for visuals. Design skills are not required but you can critique and modify existing designs
- Experience building for experimentation, iteration, and driving metrics.
- Experience working cross-functionally; particularly with marketing teams
- Hunger to have an impact on our business
- Strong open-source leadership or contributions
- Experience making hard tradeoffs between important goals to get the right things built quickly
- Direct experience on a growth team
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Transgender benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.