Senior Software Engineer, iOS at Wish
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:43 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, July 14, 2020
The Wish iOS App has been downloaded over 200 millions times and has always been one of the most popular apps in the App Store. Our team is small and nimble. We move extremely fast while solving unique and challenging problems. We release new updates biweekly to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly and make immediate impacts. Each engineer has the opportunity to completely own the feature they work on from scratch to release; from the backend API to the iOS codebase to automated testings.
As a mobile product engineer, you will get to work on features directly used by millions of shoppers worldwide. You will have a great deal of responsibility for each project you work on and will have the flexibility to influence design and execution. With full transparency to all metrics, you will get to see how your features directly impact the company’s performance and make data-driven decisions.
For this role, you should be smart, hands-on, and have a solid foundation in computer science, or software engineering. You should have strong competencies in iOS architecture, software design, and contribute under a great deal of independence. Experiences with backend API design is a plus. We are ultimately looking for someone who is capable and passionate to help us hack social commerce.
Not located in the Bay Area? USA and Canada remote work is acceptable!
What you’ll be doing
- Build new high impact features in the Wish iOS app. Solely own the feature from scratch to post release follow ups.
- Make important coding architecture decisions. Ensure the iOS codebase always follow the best practices
- Work closely with Product Managers and Designers to design new features. Give valuable feedback and share new ideas.
- Work with the Data Analyst to conclude A/B testing features
- Always learning new iOS and Swift knowledge and share it with the team
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of full-time experiences developing native iOS applications in Swift or Objective-C
- Experiences designing or contributing to important iOS codebase architectures decisions.
- Dedicated to learning and improving their mobile development skills
- Interested in end-to-end feature development from design to execution
- Data-driven mindset
- Strong understanding of the whole engineering stack and how each piece fits into the whole
- Focused, driven and can get challenging projects across the finish line.
- Experience in Swift or Objective-C
- Experience in Python
- Experience in MongoDB and NoSQL Database
- Experience in SQL and Relational Databases
- Experience designing A/B test
Founded in 2010 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wish is a leading e-commerce platform, putting a digital shopping mall of affordable goods directly in the pockets of consumers worldwide. Wish employs big data principles, machine-learning, and state-of-the-art search technologies to create a highly-visual, entertaining, and personalized browsing experience for each user. The company leverages a global network of direct suppliers, providing access to top quality, affordable products to anyone with a smartphone. As of 2018, Wish has more than 80 million monthly active users, over one million merchants, and sells nearly 1 billion products annually. For more information about the company or to download the Wish mobile app, please visit www.wish.com or wish.com/careers or follow @WishShopping on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Learn more about us:
Wish + LA Lakers
Our CEO discusses Wish
Wish Careers Instagram
Wish is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description