Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The Wish iOS App has been downloaded over 200 millions times and has always been one of the most popular apps in the App Store. Our team is small and nimble. We move extremely fast while solving unique and challenging problems. We release new updates biweekly to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly and make immediate impacts. Each engineer has the opportunity to completely own the feature they work on from scratch to release; from the backend API to the iOS codebase to automated testings.
As a mobile product engineer, you will get to work on features directly used by millions of shoppers worldwide. You will have a great deal of responsibility for each project you work on and will have the flexibility to influence design and execution. With full transparency to all metrics, you will get to see how your features directly impact the company’s performance and make data-driven decisions.
For this role, you should be smart, hands-on, and have a solid foundation in computer science, or software engineering. You should have strong competencies in iOS architecture, software design, and contribute under a great deal of independence. Experiences with backend API design is a plus. We are ultimately looking for someone who is capable and passionate to help us hack social commerce.
Not located in the Bay Area? USA and Canada remote work is acceptable!
What you'll be doing:
- Build new high impact features in the Wish iOS app. Solely own the feature from scratch to post release follow ups.
- Make important coding architecture decisions. Ensure the iOS codebase always follow the best practices
- Work closely with Product Managers and Designers to design new features. Give valuable feedback and share new ideas.
- Work with the Data Analyst to conclude A/B testing features
- Always learning new iOS and Swift knowledge and share it with the team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of full-time experiences developing native iOS applications in Swift or Objective-C
- Experiences designing or contributing to important iOS codebase architectures decisions.
- Dedicated to learning and improving their mobile development skills
- Interested in end-to-end feature development from design to execution
- Data-driven mindset
- Strong understanding of the whole engineering stack and how each piece fits into the whole
- Focused, driven and can get challenging projects across the finish line.
- Experience in Swift or Objective-C
- Experience in Python
- Experience in MongoDB and NoSQL Database
- Experience in SQL and Relational Databases
- Experience designing A/B test
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.