Senior Software Engineer, Local at KeepTruckin
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
At KeepTruckin, we see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and recognized by Glassdoor as a “Best Place to Work” in 2019.
We are looking for people from all backgrounds who want to make an impact on the millions of drivers who keep our world moving. Together, we laugh hard, snack harder and work together to drive innovation at the intersection of tech and transportation.About the Job:
As a Software Engineer, you will play an integral part in designing components, platform, services for exciting greenfield local product within KeepTruckin’s new product lines. You will build and implement scalable features and work on a fast growing enthusiastic team eager for making significant impact to connect the world’s trucks. You will be building robust new products for local commercial vehicle fleets and act as a core member for a new development team, with multi billion dollar business impact potential. We are looking for passionate individuals who are driven by impacting and revolutionizing a space where the last major technical innovation was the invention of the diesel engine. We are looking for individuals who are experienced and comfortable working on the full technology stack. We pride ourselves on our culture, and ability to work effectively across a highly diversified team.Responsibilities:
- Work closely with innovative product and engineering leaders to create exciting new products
- Streamline robust software through the full SDLC
- Build core services to power new products
- Actively work on our cloud infrastructure on AWS
- Assist the product team to determine the technical feasibility of features
- Provide creative outside the box thinking for challenging problems
- Comfortability working with distributed teams
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related subjects and/or relative experience
- 5-10 years professional software development experience in a production environment
- 3+ years of experience building out Web Applications
- Well versed full stack development experience
- Familiarity and comfortable working with both backend and frontend technologies (Java, Rails, Django, NodeJS, React, AngularJS, etc)
- Mastery of cloud infrastructure specifically AWS
- Passionate for driving innovation
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.