Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The Marketplace & Logistics team is the entry point for millions of merchants from all over the world who interact and sell through our platform. We deliver on many large scale initiatives which include integration, payment processing, logistics and fulfillment, and tracking to name a few. Whether it be delivering a platform to onboard new merchants in new geographies, improving our returns process, or scaling our logistics practice to process more than 3 million transactions per day, you will be able to impact the business on a global scale.
If you are a high performer, driven, want to make an impact, and grow your career, then the Marketplace Engineering at Wish is right for you!
What you'll be doing:
- Have a critical role in ensuring platform integrity and manage regulatory, legal and reputational risk
- Protect Wish from fraudulent activities
- Work with engineers, product manager, data analyst, designers and QA teams to move projects from inception to completion
- Build complex marketplace policy systems that integrate with multiple external systems
- Build reporting and monitoring tools to ensure the stability and security of the marketplace policy systems
- Optimize for short term execution and plan for long term technical capabilities
- Perform API integration and maintenance with multiple external services
- Establish and disseminate best practices within and across teams
- Mentor/guide junior software engineers
- Self-motivated, relentlessly focused on impact, and able to operate under a great deal of independence
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of overall experience, 3+ years of experience in similar role
- Built something interesting, unique, or noteworthy
- Ability to self-drive and clarify requirements and scope, owning the end to end delivery process
- Proficient in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Python, Java or Go
- You lay awake thinking about improving the design, implementation and maintenance of large software systems with millions of users
- You revel in building features quickly and iterating in a data driven fashion
- Programming language: Python, Go
- Frontend technologies: React, Typescript, GraphQL
- Main database: MongoDB
- Big data systems: Hadoop, Hive
- Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.