Senior Software Engineer, Parsec at Unity
Parsec creates ultra-low latency, high-performance remote desktop technology that empowers creative professionals to work from anywhere, businesses to embrace flexible workplaces, and individuals to play together from anywhere. We're growing so that we can help leaders in gaming, entertainment, engineering, and architecture build the things we love, whether they're in the office or working from home. Parsec is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Unity.
Parsec is hiring a Senior Engineer to join our small but talented native team, working on our low latency game streaming app. The Parsec app is the foundation of everything we’ve accomplished as a company, and the product our customers use and love daily. We’re looking for someone who will join our team, drive innovation in the core technology, and mentor other engineers at Parsec. To be successful, you’ll need to be able to jump into C code without breaking a sweat, pursue hard problems that you have no prior experience with, and build lean, modularized, maintainable code.What you'll be doing
- Work with UI, encoding/decoding, networking, input, and much more across multiple platforms
- Jump into a C codebase on day one and confidently deploy code to more than 5 million people
- Be fascinated with building cutting edge technology in gaming from video rendering to UDP protocols
- Be obsessed with finding the right, low latency solution to the challenges we face
- Listen to customer feedback, interpret the needs of the broader community, and find opportunities to delight our customers
- A willingness to learn from your peers, to adapt and improve your coding style, and to take and give constructive feedback
- Experience with SDL and window management
- Hands on experience working in a production C codebase
- A deep desire to learn, improve a product, and make customers happy
- Although not necessary, it’s definitely a bonus if you’ve worked in the video game industry or your wasd keys are worn out from playing too many games on your computer.
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.