Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The Product team offers a rare opportunity to work on key company initiatives from building consumer mobile apps/websites, customer support systems, payment systems, user acquisitions. You will enjoy working with one of the richest social e-commerce data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. Our engineers move extremely fast, while solving unusual and challenging problems. Our team is small and nimble. We release new code daily to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly, and make an impact immediately. They work on building features from the database level to the client facing apps. We cultivate an environment for smart, driven engineers to thrive.
We are looking for a passionate engineer to make an impact at Wish by engineering next generation customer support tools. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys engineering complex systems, taking ownership over projects and building features at all levels of the stack. This role demands a high level of cross functional team communications and deeper engineering knowledge. The person should be a good full stack engineer with hands-on experience on both frontend and backend technologies.
Not located in the San Francisco or Seattle area? We are open to remote work for the US and Canada.
What you'll be doing:
- Have a critical role in building and maintaining different Web based systems with primary responsibility of taking engineering ownership of Wish Assistant Chatbot
- Manage all technical aspects of relationships with different stakeholders and take ownership of the implementations
- Work with Product Manager, Data Analyst, Designers, QA and CS teams to move projects from inception to completion
- Own Jira stories, project execution, mentoring juniors, manage Wish Assistant releases, monitor post production stability of the system.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Self motivated, relentlessly focused on impact and able to operate under a great deal of independence
- Deep passion for the quality of our deliverable, and helping the team build next generation tools for customer support experience
- Proficient in at least one of the popular programming language such as Python, Java or Go
- Bonus: Experience working with Microservices
- Bonus: Experience working on consumer facing applications
- Bonus: Experience with A/B testing
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.