Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Development Tools team, you will drive the direction of engineering at Wish.You will build tools and frameworks around gRPC to empower other engineering teams to work as efficiently as possible in creating new microservices. These tools and frameworks will allow teams to develop, build, test, and push code at scale.
You will drive best practices with Python and help influence the direction of Python development throughout Wish. You will take on complex Python projects both old and new and set the bar for engineering. You will mentor and guide engineers throughout Wish on Python best practices.
What you'll be doing:
- Help lead an ongoing effort to move from a monolithic architecture to a microservices architecture
- Work with multidisciplinary engineering teams to drive best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
- Lead and contribute engineering efforts from design to implementation
- Build tooling to assist engineers in finding and fixing bugs and performance issues
- B.S. in Computer Science, other related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with Python
- Expert level experience in Python, Python debugging, profiling, etc.
- Strong understanding of Python internals
- Experience in Python concurrent programming and performance tuning
- Experience with version control systems (git, svn, etc)
- Experience working with Linux systems
- Experience building Python developer tooling
- 2+ years of experience designing and building reliable systems at scale
Nice to have:
- Experience with Python Tornado and/or Greenlets
- Contributions to a large open source Python project
- Experience in Python 2 -> Python 3 migrations
- Experience with producer/consumer asynchronous workers
- Experience with (Docker) Containers and Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring large applications (ie Prometheus)
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.