You’ll join our real time bidding team reporting to the Sr. Director and help us maintain and improve existing distributed systems that handle billions of requests per day across thousands of machines running Erlang code. We also have multiple ancillary systems written in Elixir and Python that help us keep our real-time systems running in top shape and we’re experimenting with Rust.
This role is open in our San Francisco, New York, Salt Lake City offices, or Remote.
Not sure that you might not be perfect for this role? You should still apply! We’ll review your application for other opportunities. We're always on the lookout for talented people and we're committed to developing each employee's career with over 1,800 training classes offered every yearThe impact you’ll make:
- You’ll help design, implement and improve high-up time, high availability distributed systems processing billions of requests every day.
- You’ll gain lots of experience running Erlang and Python systems in production environments
- Your work will impact the majority of our company’s revenue on a daily basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field)\ or equivalent experience.
- You have 3-5+ years experience working in high-availability, high-traffic distributed systems
- You either have experience with Erlang or you have experience in another functional programming language and a desire to learn Erlang
- You believe in writing readable, well-engineered code and in leaving the code-base better for the next person who comes along
- You’ve worked with AWS or similar cloud providers in the past
- You’re good at working well with a team of highly motivated people
- You have a solid foundation of algorithm and data structure design
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% employee coverage for medical, dental and vision premiums
- Short and long term disability benefits at no cost to the employee
- Basic life and AD&D insurance at no cost to the employee
- 401K Plan (Pre-tax and Roth)
- 4 weeks of paid time off and work/life balance
- Up to 12 weeks of paid family leave (care for a family member, bond with a new child, etc.)
- Up to 6 weeks of paid disability leave (up to 12 weeks for pregnancy disability leave)
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back