Senior Software Engineer, Safety at KeepTruckin
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront and named a Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020.
As a senior engineer, you will play an integral part in designing components and platform for exciting new services within KeepTruckin’s safety-related features. You will implement scalable features and work on a fast-growing enthusiastic team eager to make a significant impact by connecting the world’s trucks.
We are looking for senior engineers who are driven by impacting and revolutionizing a space where the last major technical innovation was the invention of the diesel engine. We are seeking strong team players who thrive on innovation and continuous improvement. We pride ourselves on our culture, and the ability to work effectively across a highly diversified team.What You'll Do:
- Work on the design and architecture of new software services that power freight products
- Come up with creative, outside-the-box solutions for complex problems
- Write scalable, secure, and maintainable backend services code
- Define high-quality APIs that enable building loosely coupled distributed systems
- Actively participate in writing unit tests, improving quality, and performing code reviews
- Participate in full SDLC process in a CI/CD centered development
- Actively work on our AWS cloud infrastructure
- Collaborate with the product teams and own the execution of features
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Solid communication, collaboration, and people leadership skills
- Experience in both shipping major features/components in production, and also maintaining and improving over time.
- Experience working on large scale distributed systems; microservices architecture is a plus
- Experience in Golang, Java, Ruby on Rails, Python, or similar languages
- Experience building services with REST, gRPC, GraphQL or similar API endpoints
- Experience using relational databases (ex: PostgresDB) and no-SQL databases (ex: DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Working knowledge of embedded systems is a plus
- Working knowledge of applied Machine Learning, especially in image and video processing, is a big plus
- Familiarity with these technologies is a big plus: Docker, Kubernetes, Bazel, and PostGIS
- Mastery of cloud infrastructure specifically AWS
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- SaaS experience is a huge plus
- Enterprise applications experience is a plus
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.