Senior Software Engineer (Tech Lead), Caviar at DoorDash
Caviar is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We're a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your home and office. At Caviar, we believe in an environment that allows you to be creative and go beyond the call of duty. We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. Each and every day counts - you'll make a direct impact to the business starting from Day 1.About the Role
Caviar is looking for engineers who care about implementing the perfect user experience as well as solving the hard engineering problems of writing well-architected code and building better systems. We are looking for teammates with strong product and design intuition, able to leverage their technical knowledge while working with product managers, designers, and back-end engineers.
In this role, you will lead the team and empower them to solve tough technical challenges. Team members will look up to you as you enable them to get their job done. You will set high standards for code quality, design thoroughness and communication. Guide and coach engineers through the phases of development.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own engineering product and feature development from ideation and design to development and putting in production.
- Have a high impact role building the systems and applications restaurants use to grow their business.
- Develop up and down our stack, which includes Rails, Ember, and React Native.
- Work closely with product managers and designers to define the products and features we are building.
- Lead cross-team and cross-functional projects and effectively direct the work of other engineers.
- Follow agile practices.
- Of your experience developing and owning products and features from beginning to end.
- You have high proficiency in server-side technology and/or framework (e.g., Ruby/RoR or Python/Django)
- Of your drive to write and ship production software.
- You have strong knowledge of CS fundamentals and code organization.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.