Senior Software Engineer at Unity Technologies
Unity is building a new team with the goal to extend Unity’s success within the architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) industry. Part of this work will be implementing essential Unity features to meet specific industry needs. You will be working in a multi-functional team of talented individuals and will be communicating with developers in other teams around the world.
You’re a skilled Unity software developer with knowledge of use cases and technologies used in AEC industries. You have used and interacted with complex systems. You’re passionate and resourceful, and intuitively work to turn complex requirements into simple, elegant solutions. And did we mention that you love real-time graphics? This team is creating the next step for driving industry growth and adoption in Unity, and we hope you're as excited about it as we are!
- Develop new applications, API’s and implement protocols
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans
- Collaborate with the team lead and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain solutions based on the Unity Reflect
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Design, develop, and test in accordance with established standards
- Create and maintain tests to ensure quality
- Proficiency developing in C#
- Experience with the Unity platform
- Experience with developing shaders (HDRP/URP is an asset)
- A passion for creating usable, polished and enjoyable user experience
- Problem solver with a natural investigative ability to seek the best solution, not the fastest
- Ability to discuss and understand code design fluently and in depth
- Development experience in C++
- Experience with real-time multithreaded software development
- Experience with Building Information Modeling (BIM) geometry, metadata, and materials
- Experience working with software such as Revit, ArchiCAD, Rhino and SketchUp
- Ability to work on multiple complex projects simultaneously and independently as required
- Experience with mixed reality platforms such as AR and VR
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.