Gladly is a Radically Personal Customer Service Platform that puts people at the center of a single, lifelong conversation. We enable companies to talk to their customers they way people talk to their friends: seamlessly across voice, email, SMS, chat, and social media.What You’ll Do
- Code! You’ll design and code innovative, scalable, and fault-tolerant features
- Teach. Provide technical guidance and mentorship in software engineering best practices while demonstrating these as an individual contributor
- Collaborate. Work closely with small, nimble, cross-functional teams of engineers, product managers, designers, and business teams.
- Contribute. Participate in all aspects of the project lifecycle, from ideation to specification to release (sometimes in a leadership role).
- 5+ years of full-stack engineering experience, with some leadership or mentorship experience.
- Strong teamwork skills; you love participating with high-performing teams of engineers.
- Customer-centricity and product focus. You look at everything you create through the lens of how it improves things for the end-customer. You are comfortable communicating how various technical approaches might impact the product behavior (and vice versa).
- Competency with data structures, algorithms, software design, and cloud architectures.
- Willingness to work across the development stack. You should be able to work on the front-end, backend and platform with varying degrees of proficiency.
- Technical acumen. Our product is built on a lot of incredible technologies like React, Node, Go, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Kafka, Redis, Postgres, ElasticSearch, and Twilio. You know a thing or two about some of these, and you’re confident you can work with them comfortably after some on-boarding and a bit of practice.
Putting people first - We built our product putting people at the heart of it all. And we’ve taken the same approach to building our company.
Focusing on the customer - We treat our customers’ goals as our own, and we work hard to achieve them.
Finding strengths in our differences - We believe that diversity and inclusion is foundational to our success. Bringing together a multitude of perspectives leads to amazing things happening.
Being humble and hungry - We applaud initiative and value leadership—but we also believe that nobody is above emptying the dishwasher.
Always learning - Everyone’s personal best is ahead of them. Seeking new ways to grow is what keeps us motivated.
Owning it - We encourage everyone to seek and share feedback, take calculated risks, and learn from their mistakes.
Communicating it - With an open and transparent culture, collaboration becomes a lifestyle and everyone has a voice
You can also count on:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Generous paid parental leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness stipend
Founded in 2014 by a team of repeat entrepreneurs with multiple successful exits, Gladly is reinventing customer service. By managing customers instead of tickets, we are disrupting a $70B market and are proud to count JetBlue, Warby Parker, Crate and Barrel and and many other innovative brands as customers. Gladly has raised over $110M from Greylock Partners, NEA, GGV Capital, Glynn Capital and JetBlue Tech Ventures.
Gladly has made the decision to become a full distributed company, allowing employees to live anywhere in the United States, and candidates to come from nearly any geographical region. That said, we also highly value our collaborative and creative culture and commit to meeting in real life as a company at least once per quarter when it is safe to do so.