Senior Software Engineer at Unity Technologies
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Software Engineer to join Unity's RestAR team. RestAR is an applied research and development team passionate about enabling state of art computer vision, deep learning and computational geometry algorithms for creation of photorealistic virtual assets from multi-view stereo and other inputs, and researching novel ways to improve, upon the state of the art, speed, robustness and function.
We are passionate about 3D scanning technology, and want to change the way it is being done on a global scale, join us on this journey!
What you'll be doing
- Architect and design scalable and testable cloud-based services with the prospects of large data sets
- Work closely with research team on turning state of the art algorithms into high-value features
- Dive into existing implementations to uncover additional optimization potential
- Explore new perspectives on existing problems to challenge working assumptions
What we're looking for
- Hands on experience building scalable web services from architecture design to delivery
- Experience in developing and maintaining scalable RESTful API services
- Knowledge and experience in developing python applications
- Comfortable operating with a high level of autonomy and accountability
- Desire to work in a team, learn from others, and help others to learn
You might also have
- Knowledge and understanding of the challenges that come with building distributed, highly available, and scalable cloud based systems
- Knowledge in photogrammetric 3D reconstruction using Multi View Stereo
- Experience working with AWS or GCP, especially Kubernetes and Kubeflow/Argo based workflows
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.