Senior Software Engineer at Wish
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:43 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Founded in 2010 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wish has quickly grown to be one of the largest ecommerce companies in the world. Hundreds of millions of people from 100+ countries rely on Wish every day to buy affordable goods. We are the leading mobile commerce platform in Europe and emerging markets with presence around the world!
The Marketplace & Logistics team is the entry point for millions of merchants from all over the world who interact and sell through our platform. We deliver on many large scale initiatives which include integration, payment processing, logistics and fulfillment, and tracking to name a few. Whether it be delivering a platform to onboard new merchants in new geographies, improving our returns process, or scaling our logistics practice to process more than 3 million transactions per day, you will be able to impact the business on a global scale.
Our engineers move extremely fast, while solving unusual and challenging problems. Our team is small and nimble. We release new code daily to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly, and make an impact immediately. They work on building features from the database level to the client. We cultivate an environment for smart, driven engineers to thrive.
If you are a high performer, driven, want to make an impact, and grow your career, then the Marketplace Engineering at Wish is right for you!
Who You Are:
- Self-motivated, relentlessly focused on impact, and able to operate under a great deal of independence
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a top university
- Built something interesting, unique, or noteworthy
- Proficient in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Python, Java or Go
- You lay awake thinking about improving the design, implementation and maintenance of large software systems with millions of users
- You revel in building features quickly and iterating in a data driven fashion
What you will be doing:
- Lead project requirements through V1 launch and V2 iterations
- Build complex software systems that integrate with multiple external systems
- Optimize for short term execution and plan for long term technical capabilities
- Perform API integration and maintenance with multiple external services
- Build highly-available distributed systems
- Mentor/guide junior software engineers
What is our Technology Stack?
- Programming language: Python, Go
- Frontend technologies: React, Typescript, GraphQL
- Main database: MongoDB
- Big data systems: Hadoop, Hive
- Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Founded in 2010 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wish is a leading e-commerce platform, putting a digital shopping mall of affordable goods directly in the pockets of consumers worldwide. Wish employs big data principles, machine-learning, and state-of-the-art search technologies to create a highly-visual, entertaining, and personalized browsing experience for each user. The company leverages a global network of direct suppliers, providing access to top quality, affordable products to anyone with a smartphone. As of 2018, Wish has more than 80 million monthly active users, over one million merchants, and sells nearly 1 billion products annually. For more information about the company or to download the Wish mobile app, please visit www.wish.com or wish.com/careers or follow @WishShopping on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description