Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Our Fraud Engineering team’s mission is to protect both consumers and our business by preventing fraud at the point of purchase, uncovering fraud that has occurred, and mitigating its impact. Are you excited about preventing consumer Identity Theft and Account Takeover? Help us build our next generation Fraud Mitigation and User Identification Platform that will identify hundreds of thousands of potential users a day and keep our customers safe.
Our team is growing and looking for a Sr Staff Software Engineer to help expand our products to identify more consumers with less friction. Come join us!
What You’ll Do
- Help shape the technical direction of Fraud Engineering team
- Design and implement large scale and low latency services, elegant abstractions, shareable libraries, and robust APIs
- Work with our Product team to extend our core decisioning service; building new risk and fraud mitigation features
- Revamp our Risk Operations toolset - helping uncover fraud in real time
- Look for ways to improve the end-to-end experience for developers working on our systems
- Support Data Science by providing them with the feedback and signals needed to build effective models
- Participate in our team’s on-call rotation to communicate, escalate, and fix critical issues while insulating other developers from interruptions
- Collaborate with compliance and engineering teams to identify, remediate, and prevent issues & risk
- Work with product and internal partners to extend our identity decisioning service
- Take an active role in mentoring junior engineers, and the processes that support team growth and efficiency
What We Look For
- Experienced: experience building real-time distributed web services, with experience in fraud detection and risk decisioning systems
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better
- Technical leadership; someone capable of handling mentorship, cross functional project execution, and solid individual contributions
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex systems
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.