Senior Systems Engineer at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is looking for a qualified Senior Systems Engineer to develop, design, build, tune, and operate our network of global offices. The company is rapidly expanding into cities across the world to handle our international business demands. Our team is young and growing, and ideally you will have prior experience being a key player in a similar domain.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan, research and implement new cloud/hardware/software solutions in both local and remote regions, offices, and data centers
- Take ownership of monitoring and maintenance for critical IT infrastructure, including upgrades, patch management, and troubleshooting
- Develop custom solutions, automation, and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability
- Participate in high level technical discussions and decisions with internal teams and external vendors
- Identify business challenges and develop actionable solutions with a focus on security and business continuity
- 5+ years of direct professional experience as a System Engineer supporting medium to large scale enterprise companies
- 3+ years of experience with implementing and supporting enterprise technologies, including : Active Directory, Azure AD, Virtualization (VMWare), MDM, SAN, SSO, MFA, VPN, NAS, ITSM
- 2+ years of experience deploying, maintaining and administering cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS, GCP), taking advantage of IaaS,PaaS, and IaaS offerings as appropriate
- Excellent communicator with the ability to work collaboratively and independently, focusing on sharing knowledge vs. gatekeeping
- Security conscious, with experience addressing compliance related needs (GDPR, HIPAA, PCI, ITAR)
- Previous experience successfully maintaining an international multi-site IT infrastructure
- Proven track record to identify, research, and implement new technologies that can help deliver on business needs
- Proficiency in testing, processing, and automating in a collaborative manner
- Experience managing a variety of OS's (Mac, Windows, Linux)
- Experience with disaster recovery and business continuity
- B.S. degree or equivalent work experience
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.