Senior Systems Engineer at Unity Technologies
At Unity, we’re looking for people to join us to improve not just what we develop, but how we develop. We’re scaling our efforts to increase developer efficiency, ensuring that every second of development time is spent on the things that matter.
Our mission includes partnering with our internal development efforts to enable increased velocity and enhanced productivity as we grow globally.
One of our values is Best Idea Wins so we ‘re looking for people to experiment and challenge convention in order to achieve this.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you'll be part of a growing team focused on self-service tools and infrastructure, powering the build/test automation on all Unity platforms. You’ll be passionate about technology with a thirst for learning and crafting highly usable tools, solutions and workflows. You’ll understand and have empathy for our users, guiding them to success and steering their future development needs.
What you'll be doing
- Lead technical discussions relating to design, deployment, operations and future improvements of on-prem private cloud infrastructure. This includes hardware specification, physical deployment, networking, bare-metal provisioning, configuration management, virtualisation, storage and monitoring.
- Develop automation for the above. Deep dive into open-source software to analyse problems, pull in patches and contribute upstream where necessary.
- Develop new software services/tools to glue systems together.
- Ensure infrastructure is highly available, secure and performant.
- Pro-actively investigate system behaviour looking for problems and performance bottlenecks.
- Be responsible for capacity planning.
- Be part of an on-call rota, responsible for fault diagnosis, mitigation and systemic improvements.
What we're looking for
- Broad knowledge of large-scale, highly-available on-prem infrastructure
- Guru-level Linux and network admin
- Strong software skills, including Ansible, Python and Golang or similar
- Be passionate about what you do, enjoy working as part of a team, and carry a deeply-ingrained philosophy of improving things.
You might also have
- Experience with Openstack, Linux virtualisation and overlay networks would be ideal
- Experience with open-source storage systems, especially Ceph
- Admin of Windows and MacOS systems
- Open-source contributor
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.