Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
As a Senior UI Developer you will be responsible for developing and implementing user interface components using React.js concepts and workflows for the finance team.
You will also be responsible for profiling and improving front-end performance and documenting our front-end codebase. You will be part of the finance engineering team who is responsible for supporting and maintaining various finance business systems and establishing SOX controls around the same. We are extremely passionate about building the best experience for our valued business partners.
- We're looking for experienced and passionate engineers to make an impact at Wish by building, maintaining, and enhancing our web-based products.
- You should be able to design and build modern user interface components to enhance application performance.
If you are a high performer, driven, want to make an impact, and grow your career, then finance Engineering at Wish is right for you!
What you'll be doing:
- Work with different team members, product members and business users to ideate, build, get data and iterate highly efficient web features
- Collaborate with other engineers in the team to discuss user interface ideas and applications as part of strengthening our systems and processes
- Meet with the development team Reviewing application requirements and interface designs.
- Identify web-based user interactions.
- Develop and implement highly responsive user interface components using react concepts.
- Troubleshoot interface software and debugging application codes.
- Develop and implement front-end architecture to support user interface concepts.
- Monitor and improve front-end performance.
- Document application changes and develops updates.
- Take ownership of your area from start to finish and write highly efficient programs
- Improve localized experiences of international users with different cultures, languages and preference
- Work with Product Managers, Data Analyst, Designers, QA etc. teams to take any project from inception to completion
- Develop a good understanding of key financial business processes and its controls (Billing, Revenue Management, Procure-to-Pay, Quote-to-Cash)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience and strong passion for building global websites and applications
- Strong understanding of the engineering stack, and how each piece fits into the whole
- Proficient in React, Redux and modern web development and previous work
- Proficient in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Python, Java or Go
- Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software
- Bonus: Familiarity working on Search engine optimizations (SEO) with Google and Bing search engines
- Bonus: Experience working on consumer facing applications
- Bonus: Technical knowledge of NetSuite saved searches, work flows, form customisation, custom reporting, etc.
- work Experience in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Logistics, or Operations
- Self-motivated, relentlessly focused on impact, and able to operate under a great deal of independence
- Have a critical role in building and maintaining different internal tools systems from a control perspective
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.